St Giles Spencer Academy

Latest News

Contact Us

For general enquiries or if you require a paper copy of any of the information displayed on our website, then please telephone the school office and ask to speak with:

  • Ros Tricklebank - Admin Assistant
  • Lucy Millward-Sadler - Administration and PA to Principal (Mon-Fri)
  • Amanda Roper - Admin Assistant

School contact details


St. Giles Spencer Academy,

Main Site,

Hampshire Road, 


DE21 6BT


St. Giles Spencer Academy,

The Hive,

Sir Frank Whittle Road,


DE21 6DA

Telephone Number: 01332 343039


Out of Hours/ Out of Term Time Arrangements

If you believe a child is at immediate risk and in need of protection then you should call the police on 999/101 immediately.

Alternatively, if you want advice from the police and the child is not at immediate risk you can call them on 0845 123 33 33.

Additionally, you can call Derby City Children's Social Care Team on 01332 641172 between 9am and 5pm, and 01332 956606 between 5pm and 9am. Members of the team will be able to help you discuss concerns you may have for a child and decide on what actions may be required to make the child safe.

For children who live within Derbyshire County Council, you can call Derbyshire Starting Point on 01629 533190.

To report a safeguarding concern out of school hours to the DSL please email: This email will be monitored at least weekly during the school holidays.

There is also the NSPCC Helpline on 0808 800 5000.

*NB:- parents/carers who wish to send an e-mail to the school should use the admin e-mail address listed above. The admin team may be able to respond to your enquiry. If they can't then they will forward this on to the relevant member of staff within school


Making a complaint

Under the Trust complaints policy, complaints should be received ‘as close as possible to the point of origin.’ This means that a complaint should be received by someone who understands your concern and is in a position to help resolve it.

In the first case, this might be an informal conversation with your child’s class teacher or another member of the school staff.

Formal complaints should be submitted to the Principal or Head of School, and should be in writing where possible.

For the Trust complaints policy, please see here.